Website Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre
Professional Summer Stock Theatre
Now seeking Front of House staff for SSMT’s 36th season!
- Assistant to the Associate Managing Director/Merchandise Manager (May 28-August 5)
- This position will work part-time with Associate Managing Director, assisting in all administrative duties, monitoring social media and assisting with advertising needs, coordinating various events and assisting with all duties of the management of 150+ person company. This position will require driving for University business so a satisfactory driving record will be required. This position will also serve as Merchandise Manager, overseeing all sales of SSMT merchandise during performances. Work week is 6 days per week, days and hours vary. Customer service experience recommended.
- House Manager (June 20-August 4)
- This position works closely with the Associate Managing Director to ensure optimal patron experience, serves as the supervisor of the front of house staff, and is the main point of contact for patrons during every performance. Front of house experience required, and management experience strongly recommended.
- Assistant House Manager (June 20-August 4)
- This position works closely with the House Manager to assist with all front of house operations. Front of house experience required, and management experience strongly recommended.
- Parking Manager (June 20-August 4)
- This position will supervise the parking lot for performances and assist with directing traffic to ADA parking, reserved parking for donors, and guiding patrons to alternative lots. Customer service experience required as is the ability to problem solve, act quickly, and resolve issues to ensure an ideal patron experience. The duties for this position will be located outside for much of the time.
- Front of House Staff (June 27-August 4)
- These positions will serve as knowledgeable ambassadors to our patrons. Duties will include assisting with reserved parking, checking out hearing assistance devices, assisting with seating and helping to problem solve any ticketing issues, and meeting any other patron needs. These positions will be required at all performances. Candidates for these positions should have some experience with front-of-house work or have worked in the Shenandoah University Box Office.
- Box Office Staff (May 28-August 4)
- These positions will assist with all ticketing needs, including answering phones, assisting patrons in person at the box office, and selling tickets at the door prior to performances. Hours vary, but weekend and evening availability is required.
- Ushers (June 27-August 4)
- These part-time positions will assist with collecting tickets, handing out programs, and seating patrons prior to performances. Prior customer service experience is a plus but not required. Candidates for these positions must be at least 16 years of age. Hours vary, but weekend and evening availability is required.
To be considered for a position in the SSMT 2019 company, please complete the online application by March 1, 2019.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and thank you for your interest in joining the SSMT company!