Website Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre
Professional Summer Stock Theatre
Now seeking professional actors
for SSMT’s 35th season!
Newsies (rehearsals begin June 5, performances run June 21-July 1)
West Side Story (rehearsals begin June 21, performances run July 5-15)
Mamma Mia! (rehearsals begin July 15, performances run July 19-29)
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
- Rehearsals run roughly 9 am to 9 pm with appropriate breaks, Mondays are company days off
- Each show runs two weekends with performances Thursdays through Saturdays at 8 pm and 2:30 pm matinees on the second Wednesday and every Saturday and Sunday with added matinee performances on 7/24 and 7/26 for Mamma Mia!.
- Actors are required to perform as cast and as directed
- All non-AEA actors may be asked to assist with simple technical duties for performance purposes (moving sets, props, etc.) and may have strike responsibilities immediately following the final performance to be decided by the technical director for each show
- Non-AEA actors may be asked to assist with basic technical tasks in one of the shops when not called for rehearsal, not to exceed 3 hours per week
- Must be at least 18 years of age (as of June 1, 2018)
- Must have at least one year of college level theatre training or commensurate professional (paid) experience
To be considered for a position in the SSMT 2018 company, please complete the following steps by March 1, 2018
- Complete the online employment application
- Email a digital headshot (jpeg) and resume (PDF only) to email@example.com
- Email a link to your video reel OR a YouTube audition video (public or unlisted) of 2 contrasting 16 bar selections to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any samples or dance or movement, please send this as a link as well. Current SU students do not need to complete this step.
Once ALL materials have been received and reviewed, including a completed employment application, you may be invited to attend the on campus auditions or asked to provide video footage of callback material. In person auditions will be held by invitation or at combined auditions on the following dates (times subject to change):
- SSMT will attend the A1 Auditions in NYC on January 11 and 12.
- On-campus auditions by invitation: Saturday, February 3
- SSMT will visit the following schools February 4-7: University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Baldwin Wallace University, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music.
- SSMT will attend the Southeastern Theatre Conference auditions Thursday, March 8 – Saturday, March 10 in Mobile, AL. If you are registered to audition at SETC, please ensure you have indicated your audition date/time/number on your online application AND sent your digital headshot/resume to email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Associate Managing Director, Elizabeth Albert, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All application and audition materials should be sent to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in joining the SSMT company!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1f6CJFEBG-g6dp1juvB_7H2lC-c5DvbdNVpVt__0-pVpAAw/viewform?usp=sf_link →