Website Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre
Professional Summer Stock Theatre
Now seeking actors for SSMT’s 36th season!
Ragtime (June 27-July 7)
Young Frankenstein (July 11-21)
The Sound of Music (July 25-August 4)
SCHEDULE (subject to change):
- Rehearsals run roughly 9 am to 9 pm with appropriate breaks, Mondays are generally company days off
- Each show runs two weekends with performances Thursdays through Saturdays at 8 pm and 2:30 pm matinees on Saturdays, Sundays, and the second Wednesdays with added matinee performances on 7/30 and 8/1 for The Sound of Music.
- Actors are required to perform as cast and as directed
- All non-AEA actors may be asked to assist with simple technical duties for performance purposes (moving sets, props, etc.) and may have strike responsibilities immediately following the final performance to be decided by the technical director for each show
- Non-AEA actors may be asked to assist with basic technical tasks in one of the shops when not called for rehearsal, not to exceed 3 hours per week
- Must be at least 18 years of age (as of June 1, 2019)
- Must have at least one year of college level theatre training or commensurate professional (paid) experience
To be considered for a position in the SSMT 2019 company, please complete the online job application by March 1, 2019.
Once all materials have been received and reviewed, including a a link to an audition video (2 contrasting 16 bar cuts), reel, or website with video samples of your work, you may be invited to audition in person or asked to record further material if you cannot attend in person. Auditions will be held on the following dates (times subject to change):
- SSMT will attend the A1 Auditions in NYC on January 17 and 18.
- On-campus auditions (by invitation only): Saturday, February 16.
- SSMT will visit the following schools January 27-31: Wayne State University, University of Michigan, Wright State University, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, Otterbein University, and Baldwin Wallace University.
- SSMT will attend the Southeastern Theatre Conference auditions Thursday, February 27-March 2 in Knoxville, TN. If you are registered to audition at SETC, please ensure you have indicated your audition date/time/number on your online application.
- Callbacks will be accepted via video for those invited to audition who cannot attend in person.
Questions? Contact email@example.com and thank you for your interest in joining the SSMT company!