Website Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre
Professional Summer Stock Theatre
Now seeking technical staff for SSMT’s 36th season!
Ragtime (June 27-July 7)
Young Frankenstein (July 11-21)
The Sound of Music (July 25-August 4)
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
- Tech staff arrives May 29 (stage management arrives June 7); contracts end Mondays, July 29 and August 4, depending on position
- Work hours are communicated by shop managers, Mondays are generally company days off
- Technicians are expected to work as directed by shop managers, technical directors, designers, stage managers, managing director, and artistic director. Schedules and assignments will be communicated on a daily basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (as of May 29, 2019)
- Must have at least one year of college level theatre training or commensurate professional (paid) experience.
- Lighting Apprentice candidates must be at least 16 years of age (as of June 1, 2019).
To be considered for a position in the SSMT 2019 company, please complete the online job application by March 1, 2019.
Once all materials have been received you may be invited to interview. Interviews will be held by appointment on the following dates (times subject to change)
- On-campus interviews by invitation: Saturday, February 16
- SSMT will visit the following schools January 27-31: Wayne State University, University of Michigan, Wright State University, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, Otterbein University, and Baldwin Wallace University.
- SSMT will attend the Southeastern Theatre Conference auditions Thursday, February 27 – Saturday, March 2 in Knoxville, TN. If you are attending SETC, please note this on your application and request an interview time slot.
- Phone interviews will be conducted throughout the hiring process for those invited to interview who cannot attend in person.
Technical positions for SSMT 2019
Production Stage Manager
Assistant Stage Manager
Assistant Technical Director
Master Sound/Sound Designer
Assistant Master Electrician
Sound Assistant (A1)
General Technical Intern
Questions? Contact email@example.com.