Website Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre
Professional Summer Stock Theatre
Now seeking costume staff for SSMT’s 36th season!
Ragtime (June 27-July 7)
Young Frankenstein (July 11-21)
The Sound of Music (July 25-August 4)
SCHEDULE (subject to change):
- Stitchers arrive June 4 and leave July 29; wardrobe interns arrive June 11 and leave August 5
- Work hours will be communicated by the shop manager; Mondays are generally company days off
- Assignments for stitchers and wardrobe interns will be assigned by the costume shop manager
- Stitchers have the opportunity to serve as Assistant Costume Designer for one show during the season, to be decided by the designers. Wardrobe interns have the opportunity to serve as Wardrobe Crew Head for one show during the season, to be assigned by the designers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (as of June 1, 2019)
- Must have at least one year of college level costuming training or commensurate professional (paid) experience
To be considered for a position in the SSMT 2019 company, please complete the online application by March 1, 2019.
- On-campus interviews by invitation: Saturday, February 16
- SSMT will visit the following schools January 27-31: Wayne State University, University of Michigan, Wright State University, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, Otterbein University, and Baldwin Wallace University.
- SSMT will attend the Southeastern Theatre Conference auditions Thursday, February 27 – Saturday, March 2 in Knoxville, TN. If you are attending SETC, please note this on your application and request an interview time slot.
- Phone interviews will be conducted throughout the hiring process for those invited to interview who cannot attend in person.
POSITIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON