UPDATED COVID-19 Safety Measures
[adapted June 9, 2021]
On May 28, 2021, Governor Northam lifted Virginia’s universal indoor mask mandate to align with new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Governor Northam also announced that, as of Friday, May 28, Virginia will ease all distancing and capacity restrictions, including those previously set for entertainment venues.
The following safety measures are currently in place for SSMT 2021 performances:
- Seating for each performance will be operating on a slightly reduced capacity to allow some distance between friend/family groups inside the theatre.
- Masks are optional for fully vaccinated patrons and employees; however, fully vaccinated patrons who are more comfortable wearing a mask are welcome to do so.
- Patrons who are not fully vaccinated must wear a mask at all times and should maintain social distance when moving through the building.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the lobby and inside the theatre.
- High touch surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected between performances.
- The Box Office and Concessions will be adapted to minimize crowding.
- The cast of Grease is fully vaccinated and will be able to perform without masks.
For your increased comfort and safety, we are also increasing the flow volume of fresh outside air cycling through our HVAC system. This increased air flow will balance the space temperatures with fresh air to create a safer and more comfortable environment. Additionally, SSMT will continue to work with consultants to identify measures that will keep our cast, staff and patrons as safe and comfortable as possible. As always, we will continue to review the latest research and follow all Virginia and CDC guidelines.