Due to capacity restrictions, we will only be producing one title this season. The show will run for an extended period of 37 performances between Thursday, July 1 and Sunday, August 1, 2021. In order to socially distance while in the auditorium, seating capacity for each performance will be limited to approximately 30% of what our theatre typically holds.
Health and safety is of primary importance. For this reason, the following protocol(s) will be in effect:
- All guests and employees will be required to wear masks that fully cover the nose and mouth while inside the building (gaiters are not permitted).
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the lobby and inside the theatre.
- High touch surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected between performances.
- The Box Office and Concessions will be adapted to minimize crowding.
- SSMT is working with consultants to identify added measures that will keep our cast, staff and patrons as safe and comfortable as possible.
Our current hope is that, with these and additional safety measures, it will be safe for actors and musicians to perform without masks. As always, we will continue to review the latest research and follow all Virginia and CDC guidelines when planning and implementing our season.