Website Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre
Professional Summer Stock Theatre
Now seeking technical staff for SSMT’s 35th season!
Newsies (June 21-July 1)
West Side Story (July 5-15)
Mamma Mia! (July 19-29)
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
- Tech staff arrives May 23 (stage management arrives June 1); contracts end Monday, July 23 and July 30, depending on position
- Work hours are communicated by shop managers, Mondays are generally company days off
- Technicians are expected to work as directed by shop managers, technical director, designers, managing director, and artistic director. Schedules and assignments will be communicated on a daily basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (as of June 1, 2018)
- Must have at least one year of college level theatre training or commensurate professional (paid) experience
- Lighting Apprentice candidates must be at least 16 years of age (as of June 1, 2018)
To be considered for a position in the SSMT 2018 company, please complete the following steps by March 1, 2018
- Complete the online employment application
- Email a resume (PDF only) to email@example.com and a link to a digital portfolio (as applicable).
Once all materials have been received, including a completed employment application, you may be invited to interview. Interviews will be held by appointment on the following dates (times subject to change)
- SSMT will attend the A1 Auditions in NYC on January 11 and 12; tech interviews will be scheduled by appointment on these days.
- On-campus interviews by invitation: Saturday, February 3
- SSMT will visit the following schools February 4-7: University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Baldwin Wallace University, Cincinnati Conservatory of Music.
- SSMT will attend the Southeastern Theatre Conference auditions Thursday, March 8 – Saturday, March 10 in Mobile, AL. If you are attending SETC, please note this on your application and request an interview time slot.
Technical positions for SSMT 2018
Stage Manager (2)
Assistant Stage Manager
Assistant Technical Director
Master Sound/Sound Designer
Scenic Artist (2)
General Technical Intern (10)
Lighting Apprentice (4)
Questions? Contact Associate Managing Director, Elizabeth Albert, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All application materials should be sent to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in joining the SSMT company!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1f6CJFEBG-g6dp1juvB_7H2lC-c5DvbdNVpVt__0-pVpAAw/viewform?usp=sf_link →