Website Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre
Professional Summer Stock Theatre
Now seeking Front of House staff
for SSMT’s 35th season!
Newsies (June 21-July 1)
West Side Story (July 5-15)
Mamma Mia! (July 19-29)
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
- varies by position, Mondays are generally company days off
- Assistant to the Associate Managing Director/Merchandise Manager
- This position will work part-time with Associate Managing Director, assisting in all administrative duties, monitoring social media and assisting with advertising needs, coordinating various events and assisting with all duties of the management of 150+ person company. This position will require driving for University business so a satisfactory driving record will be required. This position will also serve as Merchandise Manager, overseeing all sales of SSMT merchandise during performances. Work week is 6 days per week, days and hours vary. Customer service experience recommended.
- House Manager
- This position works closely with the Associate Managing Director to ensure optimal patron experience, serves as the supervisor of the front of house staff, and is the main point of contact for patrons during every performance. Front of house experience required, and management experience strongly recommended.
- Assistant House Manager
- This position works closely with the House Manager to assist with all front of house operations. Front of house experience required, and management experience strongly recommended.
- Front of House Staff
- These positions will serve as knowledgeable ambassadors to our patrons. Duties will include assisting with reserved parking, checking out hearing assistance devices, assisting with seating and helping to problem solve any ticketing issues, and meeting any other patron needs. These positions will be required at all performances. Candidates for these positions should have some experience with front-of-house work or have worked in the Shenandoah University Box Office.
- Box Office Staff
- These positions will assist with all ticketing needs, including answering phones, assisting patrons in person at the box office, and selling tickets at the door prior to performances. Hours vary, but weekend and evening availability is required.
- These part-time positions will assist with collecting tickets, handing out programs, and seating patrons prior to performances. Prior customer service experience is a plus but not required. Candidates for these positions must be at least 16 years of age. Hours vary, but weekend and evening availability is required.
To be considered for a position in the SSMT 2018 company, please complete the following steps by May 1 (please note that interviews for Front of House positions will occur in April/May)
- Complete the online employment application
- Send a digital resume (PDF only) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include contact information for 3 references if you have never worked for SSMT
Questions? Contact Associate Managing Director, Elizabeth Albert, at email@example.com. All application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in joining the SSMT company!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1f6CJFEBG-g6dp1juvB_7H2lC-c5DvbdNVpVt__0-pVpAAw/viewform?usp=sf_link →